Thursday, January 26, 2012

J4. A Tough One

For my choice blog, I am going to update you on my JV Basketball season, and tell you about the heartbreak that was against Cleve Hill for the second time.  On Friday January 20th we traveled to Cleve Hill to take on the Eagles.  Now if you reflect back to the blog I wrote about a month ago about our first meeting, it didn't go to well.  We lost by 12 at home and that made it seven straight losses in my career against Cleve Hill in basketball.  Heading on the road into their house the team and I would be looking for revenge and I would be looking for my first ever win against Cleve Hill.  At the beginning of the game both teams showed the hustle and showed the effort and showed that they would stop at nothing for a win.  After some quiet shooting by both teams in the first half, we were losing at the break.  Coming back out it was as if we were sleeping, we couldn't score, no help defense, and they tore us apart.  Heading into the last quarter we trailed by 10 and it was not looking good.  But, we came out of the huddle and dominated the fourth quarter.  We scored a season high 24 points in the quarter alone, more than half of our game total.  We came out and hit a three on our first three possessions and it looked as though we could not miss.  Getting back into the game we trailed by 5 with a minute left.  We hit a shot and fouled them so they would shoot free throws, they missed, and we made a layup to make it a one point game.  As they inbounded we got a perfect trap in the corner and got the ball back.  But, unfortunately we missed a shot at the buzzer and we would go down and drop our record to 9 and 3.  It was a very disappointing loss and maybe the toughest loss of my career.  It also made me 0 and 8 against the Eagles and I will have to wait another year for my win against them.

No comments:

Post a Comment