Thursday, May 17, 2012

Q4. #2

I have many icons in the world or figures that really inspire me to do my best or take my game to the next level.  Derek Jeter is probably one of my favorites in all sports.  He is a baseball for the New York Yankees, my favorite team in Major League Baseball.  He plays shortstop for them, and has been for the past 16 years.  He started his rookie season when I was born, and the amazing thing is, he's been with the Yankees for every single one of those years.  Last season he achieved a very difficult milestone to achieve that not many people have gotten to before.  Last season in a game at home against the Tampa Bay Rays.  Derek Jeter stepped into the box looking for his 3,000 hit.  He would have to get that off of James Shields the, starting pitcher for the Rays on this day.  And Jeter took a hard fastball he got, and he drove it out of the stands.  An amazing accomplishment that will live in his legacy forever.  I know it will in my memory.  And he also is having his best year of his career yet this season.  He bats leadoff for the Yankees and is batting over .315 with a power surge from him.  He already has more home runs this year than he did at the all-star break last year.  Jeter also helps out in the community, he is as real and as genuine of a person as you can get.  I wish one day I could be like him, and he is the best role model anyone could ever have.  Hopefully he can lead the team to another championship this season.  And another all-star appearance for him.  I wish all professional athletes could be like him and not unprofessional.

No comments:

Post a Comment