Thursday, May 3, 2012

P3. Teaching Problems

I can see how people have different opinions towards this article and I don't really understand this system.  I mean I know why they are doing these ratings, and I know what they are rating, but I don't feel like this is fair at all.  I mean the people don't know the situation at the school, or with the students.  I mean, what if there isn't a whole lot of resources for the teachers to use, maybe their budget at school is a whole lot worse as compared to some of the other schools out here in Western New York.  I don't know I think I just feel bad for those who aren't getting high ratings and may have to suffer some severe consequences.  It isn't fair to them at all, I mean especially to the woman who even though her students’ grades were not that good, most of them passed the exam.  It's pretty sad that academics has come to this in the first place.  I'm sure that the teachers that have low ratings is because the students they have are not putting any effort into it at all.  It really is not fair at all and I feel really bad for all these people.  Hopefully nothing really bad will happen to them like losing their job and everything.  That would be terrible, I hope this all gets sorts out and they change the rating system.  My mom is a teacher and even though she teaches younger kids, I know that if she were to teach older kids that she wouldn't appreciate the system if her students weren't the best.  And I know that it wouldn't be fair to lose a job or take a pay cut due to that.  It is a very important issue that seems to be over looked and I think we need to fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment