Thursday, May 17, 2012

Q3. English Reading

Every year since about 6th grade we've read a book in class.  To be honest, I don't remember most of the books that we had to read.  In 8th grade, the only book I really remember is "The Outsiders."  Last year in 9th grade I remember reading "My Darling, My Hamburger" and "The Odyssey" and "Romeo and Juliet."  So far this year in 10th grade we have read "To Kill a Mockingbird" and I know that it is a classic and it is pretty good.  "The Outsiders" is about all the different clicks and groups in high school back in the old days.  The greasers vs. the jocks is the major battle in this story and it is a very inspiring and moving book.  What Pony Boy does is remarkable.  "My Darling, My Hamburger" was probably my favorite of all the books and stories we read during my freshman year.  It's about these teenagers in high school and the trouble that they get it in and the things they do.  It really is a perfect story for high school kids and the things that they shouldn't do.  It gets into depth of the situations that can help you get out of hard times.  It also realizes what the true meaning of friendship is and how you don't need to do something you don't want to be doing or shouldn't be doing.  I recommend this to everyone.  "To Kill a Mockingbird" is the book we are reading in English now and we are about halfway done with it.  I enjoy the book and it is very interesting to what happened racism wise back in the day.  It is a very educational book that I like and I think people of all ages should read it.  I know most kids my age don't really like reading, but I do sometimes, even though I rarely have the time to do it.  That's why I like it when we read in school, and it helps prepare myself for big tests and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment