Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rough Ending Gives Promise

For my second time around in the choice blog, I have decided to write about our JV football season that ended yesterday.  We have finished with a 6 and 3 record, losing to the St. Mary's Lancers, Depew Wildcats, and the Cheektowaga Warriors.  We hosted the Warriors last night, on a very rainy and muddy night.  This game was our last game of the season and the last JV football game for a lot of us, including me.  Cheektowaga had too much speed unfortunately as they defeated us in a very close and entertaining game, 24 to 21.  Our season was all about being the underdogs.  Most people doubted us, said we were too small and lost too many players.  We did lose a lot of players from our undefeated season last year, but we overcame adversity and beat the odds.  We had some kids step up big time, Phil Zobrest and Erik Feitshans were monsters on defense, Ryan Richards and Dylan Dussault had huge games offensively when we needed them.  Freshman Alex Schweitzer, Chris Lamb, Aryton Blankenberg came in and were big contributors in their first JV season.  Honestly I think that if a couple big plays were prevented we could have and should have gone 8 and 1.  Against Depew we played awful and they played great in my opinion.  If we came out a little more ready to play maybe we are able to make it a game.  I was very happy with our season, even though it had a rough ending it gave me some confidence for the future when I am in my senior year and this group of guys are back together again.  Maybe if we all get bigger and better we make a solid run in the playoffs and surprise a lot of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment