Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Christmas: The Best Time of Year

Of all the holidays, I like all of them, but a couple stands out to me and that is Easter and Christmas.  Now even though these are the main two, I do have a favorite.  I think Christmas has to edge out Easter for various reasons.  Easter is fun in the fact that the kids get to enjoy going on egg hunts and then on the morning of they get to search around the house to find where the Easter bunny hid their baskets, as well as discover the nice gifts and candy he has left.  It is more towards a religious holiday but so is Christmas.  This is another reason why this holiday is so great.  Christmas is a time to spend time with your family and give.  Sure the kids love to get their presents and that is what they worry about, but that is not the big picture of Christmas and they one day hopefully will figure that out.  My Christmas starts out by going to church on Christmas Eve in the evening and coming home and watching a movie with my family and my grandma.  We have been doing this for a while and I enjoy it and have a good time, this is when I really begin to realize what Christmas is all about.  I wake up Christmas morning and my sisters and I run downstairs to open our presents when the family is up.  After this I spend the rest of the day with my family on my mom's and dad's side; brunch at my mom's side, and dinner at my dad's side.  I really enjoy spending time with my families and it really helps that we all get along.  This is why I love Christmas, the family, the caring and sharing and the weather and playing in the snow.

1 comment:

  1. Great work, Austin. You are an excellent writer. This blog displays that quite well.

    ReplyDelete