Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thanksgiving: The Time for Family

Thanksgiving is a time to be with your family and enjoy the good times and thank god for your life and your health.  Thanksgiving I go to each of my grandparent's house at different times throughout the day.  I am truly grateful for this and appreciate at the fact that I have two great and normal sides of my family.  The main traditions of Thanksgiving besides being with your families and the great food, is football.  The football games have sometimes been disappointing, due to the Detroit Lions always having bad years and getting beat on, the Dallas Cowboys usually have some great games but you can't always get what you want.  This year though things will change.  No more turning off the TV due to blow outs.  The Lions are 6 and 2 and in second place in the NFC North.  They will be playing divisional rival and 8 and 0 Green Bay Packers.  I am really looking forward to this game as well as watching the exciting big play offense, led by star wide receiver, Calvin Johnson Jr., or as most people call him by his nickname, "Megatron."  He may be the best in the game and cannot be stopped.  I think the Packers should be on upset alert; it will be a great game.  Of course though, the dinner is the best tradition of all time.  I love the homemade cooking of my grandma and it is phenomenal, the turkey, the mashed potatoes, and the stuffing.  All of it is great and I am very excited for this year and will be the first in line.  Thanksgiving is a great holiday and one of the best, it's a great day to spend more time with my family, to catch up since the last time I have seen them.

No comments:

Post a Comment