Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Hero

I am currently in 10th year of schooling, and I've had some awesome teachers and coaches.  I have played three sports every year since 7th grade and every year and coach has been good to me.  I think one that stands out to me as a coach and a substitute teacher has been Andy Smith, or as many people would know him, Coach Smith.  He is a coach of the JV Boys Soccer team, Boys Varsity Basketball team, and also coaches the JV Baseball team.  I have been around Coach Smith since the winter of 8th grade which was the starting of modified basketball.  This was when I really got to know him and how cool he really is.  Since this season, Coach and I have become really close, and I have enjoyed this because the fact the he is a little younger than most and is able to connect with me and all of the other kids he has coached.  For example, he is able to practice and interact with his players, he's one of the few coaches that actually knows a quite a bit about the games he coaches because he played them.  In fact, he still plays those sports today in his free time.  I think he has made me a better player in my specific areas of sports, along with making me a better person.  He knows how to have fun, but most importantly when it is time to get serious, he gets the job done.  When the going gets tough in the game, he takes the blame for it and makes adjustments.  He wins games and that’s all that really matters and he was rewarded, with a chance to coach a varsity sport this upcoming winter.  He is a phenomenal person and a coach, and I hope I am able to keep in touch with him for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment