Friday, March 30, 2012

N4. The Tragedy

The incident that occurred with Trayvon Martin is an absolute tragedy without question.  I feel really bad for the entire Martin family and am really sorry for their loss.  I think there is something wrong with this case and something doesn't seem right with what George Zimmerman did to him.  Like the anchorman said to Mr. Martin in their interview on CNN, I wear a hoodie, a pair of jeans, and white sneakers every day.  I do not think that there is anything suspicious about that or what happened.  It doesn't matter what time in the night it was.  I feel like this was a huge mistake and I believe it may have had something to do with race.  I do not believe George's claim in that he supposedly was attacked by Trayvon and him shooting him was basically just self-defense.  Also, why was George even carrying a gun in the first place?  Even if he was on so called neighborhood patrol, does he really need a gun for that?  It must be a very a tough neighborhood then I guess.  Also I think that the cops could've done a much better job of getting to the scene and stopping George.  I understand that you can't really get to the scene right at that moment but, still.  And it also seemed to me as if the dispatcher on the other end of the phone didn't really care or showed no urgency to the caller in both of the phone calls.  Something is up here and I think some investigating needs to be done.  It all falls back on the issue of race though.  In this whole case it seems as if everyone is against Trayvon and no one will give George Zimmerman what he deserves.  It is a sad case.

No comments:

Post a Comment