Friday, September 16, 2011

Possibilities of Topics

This is my second year in the newspaper club. Last year I wrote about our Varsity Golf team, Girls JV Basketball team, and our Varsity Baseball team.  Now so far my topic for the fall semester is the Varsity Football Team.  I would prefer to write about sports, because I play and have played a lot of sports.  My life is and biggest hobby is sports, I feel like I know a lot about the major and a couple non-major sports.  Now even though I'm writing about sports I feel I could relate to some clubs or any other extra-curricular activities.  I am in two clubs, the newspaper club, and Athletic Association.  I could write about those or any big events going on around the school.  For example, the homecoming events and spirit week start next week, I could write about that as well.  I could write about some of the events occurring locally or world-wide.  For example, I could do a piece on my cousin, David Shields who used to live round the area in Rochester.  He is a hockey star who was drafted in the 6th round of the 2009 NHL (National Hockey League) draft by the St. Louis Blues.  He has signed with them and is currently on their farm team the Peoria Rivermen, located in Peoria, Illinois.  Hopefully one day he will be able to play in the NHL.  As the school year moves on, more and more opportunities will be heading my way to consider writing about.  Now like I said, my fall semester is taken up by Varsity Football, but when winter rolls around I will have to choose a new topic.  Basketball possible?  Or will I have to choose a different thing once again.  Also the spring semester I hopefully once again will be able to do something around baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment