Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fabulous Freshman Year

Of all my years in school so far, I think my freshman year has been my favorite.  I felt as if it flew by and with all the excitement coming into a new school, I had fun and and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  The teachers were all nice and as were most of my peers.  I loved the block scheduling and hope we will continue it through the rest of my years in high school.  Now so far in my sophomore year, we have continued block scheduling but this year it is every other day. Seven days in, I don't think it has been a problem and it gives students a chance not to fall behind in their classes.  My freshman year, I got to be exposed and try new things.  I played JV Football, Basketball, and Baseball.  I also got moved up to Varsity Baseball for the second half of the season.  I had the chance to take part in a great football season where our team went undefeated.  I was able to be in two clubs which was the newspaper club, as well as the Athletic Association.  I wrote for The Bulldog which is the student newspaper.  I wrote about the Varsity Golf team, the JV Girls Basketball team, and the Varsity Baseball team.  I had great attendance, missing 0 days of school, but due to five tardies I was not able to receive an award.  I kept up in my schooling making honor roll all eight times.  Biology, and Integrated Algebra were my only concerns of holding me back from accomplishing honor roll, but I was able to overcome all my struggles and get the job done.  Overall, my freshman year, I feel, was the most favorite of all my schooling years so far.  Hopefully, I can keep accomplishing my goals as the rest of my years come and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment