Thursday, September 8, 2011

Busy Summer,Yet Exciting

This summer I spent most of my time in late June and all of July playing baseball in different areas in the country.  I was given the opportunity to play for a travel baseball team in the A-Turf Titans.  This is an elite program that travels around from the start of June to the last week in July to different showcases.  I was able to travel to Pittsburgh and stay right on and visit the University of Pittsburgh.  We traveled to Columbus, Ohio and in early August made a long trip down south into the Appalachian Mountains and stayed on the campus of Appalachian State and were able to play on the baseball field.  We were located in Boone, North Carolina right near the border of Tennessee and my team and I went on an adventure and went zip-lining up in the forest and it was a very fun and exciting event.  I was given the chance to play a lot more in the last couple tournaments and made the most of my opportunities and excelled in pitching.  Also I tried out for next years 18U Showcase team where you have college scouts looking at you every game and if I do well hopefully I will be able to play baseball at the next level when i graduate in two years.  August was my month to relax and enjoy summer, as well as getting ready for a big season of football.  It has been a long 3-4 weeks since the start of football and we got off to a great start by beating a AA school in West Seneca West 22-15.  I have been given the opportunity to be the starting quarterback as well as co-captain with Erik Feitshans.  I hope I can lead my team to a very good season and extend the winning-streak the JV football teams in the past few years have created, the streak is currently at 18 games.  It was a very busy but fun summer, but I am ready to get back to school and start my sophomore year and see what new opportunities I will have to be looking forward to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment