Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Drama Filled Tournament

My life has had a ton of high points, but also some low points.  Sports are basically my entire life, so I feel it is appropriate for one of my great moments in life to come from that.  Baseball is my favorite sport which is why my greatest moment in life is coming from baseball.  In this past summer I played for an elite baseball team, the A-Turf Titans as I blogged about earlier.  I had a great opportunity to meet new people and make some new friends, while playing baseball and having the chance to let people get a look at me.  We played in many tournaments but this one stuck out to me.  The New Era Cap Classic which takes place locally at schools like St. Joe's and Canisius College.  This tournament, I thought was by far my best tournament.  My team didn't make the final round which was surprising, because we won 3 out of the 4 games and should've been in.  In this tournament I made a huge contribution to my team.  We lost the first game of the tournament 1 to nothing, but the second game is where the magic happened.  We were playing a team called Coach Tony's who is a legit team in the WNY area.  I came into the game late and gave my team a spark.  I came in the 5th inning to pitch with the bases loaded and walked the first kid so that one run.  I got the next hitter out and we went in to hit.  When I got up there was a man on second base and he was the tying run.  On the first pitch a got a hit up the middle and the run scored.  I tied the game up and was the go-ahead run on 1st base.  I stole s1econd which put me in scoring position and the next hitter got a hit in the outfield and I scored.  Going into the 7th inning there was a lot of pressure on me to close it out.  With two outs, the tying run on second, their best hitter came up to the plate.  On a 0-2 pitch I threw a curveball in the dirt and struck him out.  I felt so proud of myself.  The next day my hot streak continued.  My team was getting destroyed, but a couple bounces went our way and in the 7th inning we were back in it after a huge comeback.  I came up to the plate with two outs tie game and the winning run on second base.  On the first pitch of the at-bat once again I had a base hit up the middle the winning run scored and I hit a walk-off single to win the game.  My team mobbed me and I was so excited, as were my family and friends for me.  This tournament got me out of my shell in baseball and it felt so good.  Definitely a great moment in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment