Sunday, September 11, 2011

New Year, New Challenges

I am in my sophomore year of high school and it is one of the biggest years in my 4 years here.  Last year I was able to keep up with all my classes and make honor roll all 8.  This school year I am hoping to make honor roll all four making periods.  Now with the new every other day block scheduling it may be a little more complicated, but I accept the challenge and feel I can conquer it as well.  I feel I am an above average student and should live up to, and surpass my own expectations.  School is the most important thing in my life after family even though it may not be the most fun thing to do, it has to get done so I am able to accomplish my goals after I graduate from high school and go to a quality college.   Sports is my biggest hobby, and a big part of my life, I play three sports through school, Football, Basketball, and Baseball.  Now I am already in the thick of football season and have already accomplished my goals of being a captain and the starting quarterback.  I hope my teammates and I can live up to the 18-game winning streak that is currently going on in the JV Football program.  We are already 1-0 by defeating West Seneca West and hopefully we can continue this success in the rest of our season.  Basketball isn't my strongest sport but I still have fun doing it and compete at a high level.  My goal for basketball is to have a solid season and become captain of the J.V. team as well.  Baseball is what I think my best sport and my expectations are very high for that.  Last year I was pulled up late in the season and found some playing time.  This year my goal is to be on varsity full-time.  I have big dreams and I need to try and accomplish my short term goals one by one and I feel I am ready to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment