Friday, December 9, 2011

Miner Island

The last choice blog is about my favorite place to be in the whole wide world, where I dominate, Miner Island.  You may be wondering what’s Miner Island?  Well Miner Island is the backyard of the Zach Miner's house.  The place where we play football, Al Darrow, Austin Zelasko, Zach Miner, Leyton Miner, and myself.  It is always the Miners versus the Austins while Al plays all time quarterback.  Miner Island though comes from the nickname of New York Jet cornerback, Darrelle Revis.  It is called Revis Island because he is such a good cornerback and shuts down the best receivers in the game.  And so receivers are supposed to be scared to go into Revis Island.  Now Miner may not be a great defender mostly because I dominate him and I cannot be stopped.  But, he seems to think he shuts me down, hence the name Miner Island.  Every weekend I am usually at Austin's house and MIner Island is the place to be in the morning no matter what day.  The most recent game we have played was the Turkey Bowl.  The day of Thanksgiving a ton of kids come the Zach's house and we played a big 7 on 7 football game, in a game where I had 4 interceptions off of Darrow and 5 touchdown receptions.  Probably the biggest game in my career, even though we ended up blowing the lead late.  It was a very disappointing ending especially since we had a two touchdown lead and the ball.  Well I guess I will have to wait another year for my Turkey Bowl Title.  But, on the positive side, it will give our team a want for revenge.  Hopefully we will come out with the intensity on the field and we will come out on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment