Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cinderella Story

Well since this week we have to write three choice blogs due to Bill Penny, my first one is going to be on my fantasy football team.  My team has made the playoffs on a miraculous comeback.  First of all it looked like it was going to be another below average season but my team came up clutch and proved they were the "comeback kids" in the league.  It all started when for the first year we decided to have an offline draft at league owner Al Darrow's house.  Well this was going to be great right but there was one problem.  I had a baseball game that day and forced me to miss our draft, another reason why I was not excited for this season.  The amazing thing is my first 8 draft picks from that day are not even on my roster.  And after starting the season off at 0 and 3 I decided there were a lot of changes to be made.  I made an 8-player trade with Zach Miner which changed my entire season.  In this trade I got my leading scorer who carried my team to victory each and every week, rookie quarterback, Cam Newton.  A playmaker an athlete who can run, throw and even catch.  After my 0 and 3 start I got back into the race winning 3 in a row putting me at 3-3, after some up and down games I finished off the season on a 3 game winning streak and snuck into the playoffs after a very close race.  4 of the 5 teams in my division going into the final week stood at 6-6 each team with a chance to make it to the playoffs.  This might have been the closest race ever; at least that I've seen.  Cam Newton was clutch and ripped off an astonishing 42 points and put the team on his back.  Now I have to prepare for Al's team who is 12-1, team full of the Green Bay Packers and is led by Aaron Rodgers the number one player in fantasy and this year has already recorded 61 points.  It will take everyone on my team to play their best to have a shot in this two-week long matchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment