Thursday, December 1, 2011

2011-2012 JV Basketball

For my choice blog this week I am deciding to write about my basketball team and the fact that we have our first game today that takes place in Iroquois in the Iroquois Tournament.  I am really excited for this season’s team.  We have a lot of new comers to the team and hopefully I can lead the team to a very successful season.  Nick Kibler and I have been honored as captains for the season; we are both experienced sophomores and have been playing the game since 4th grade.  I feel like we should have a great season and I am excited and am confident in us.  We are playing in an 18-game schedule and will run through early February.  We are taking part in two tournaments, the Tip-Off in Iroquois, and the Holiday Tournament in Akron.  Another reason I love basketball season, is dressing up.  On game days our team is required to wear dress pants a nice shirt and a tie if you would like.  Some kids hate and I do not understand why.  It makes you more professional, and also makes you look better as a team.  Our Coach, Jeff Scutt has come up with some good plays and has left it up to us to play.  We have the offenses, the defenses, but it's up to us to make the shots and execute.  I would love to have an undefeated season and will give full effort every game to make that possible.  Hopefully we can achieve our goal as a team.  Our starters to start off the season are Tyler Glaser, Nick Kibler, Austin Zelasko, myself, and Phil Zobrest.  We have a lot of size and should have an advantage over most teams.  I am really looking forward to a fun and long season and am expecting big things.

No comments:

Post a Comment