Friday, December 9, 2011

My Team

For my second choice blog I am going to write about my favorite college basketball team, the Syracuse Orange.  I have been a Syracuse fan since at least 5th grade and each year my passion for them grows stronger and stronger.  Almost to the point that I am a diehard fan, and I watch every game I can.  Syracuse is off to another phenomenal start ranked number 3rd in the country and currently at 9 and 0.  Their big win coming against the then ranked number 9 team, the Florida Gators in the Big East/SEC Challenge.  The only problem this season is off the court.  Former assistant coach Bernie Fine was accused of rape charges on former ball boys over 20 years ago.  Fine was removed from the coaching staff, but no charges have been filed.  On the court Syracuse has not skipped a beat, and hasn't looked to be bothered by any of the allegations.  The Orange will participate in 4 more non-conference games before Syracuse takes on the Seton Hall Pirates on Wednesday December 28th, the first of their 17 straight games against Big East opponents.  Syracuse has 10 players returning including stand out forward Kris Joseph who is leading the team in scoring.  Coach Jim Boeheim has a very deep team which is what it is going to take to get through a long season.  Syracuse is looking to win their 2nd National Title, the last one coming in 2003 with Carmelo Anthony running the show.  The Orange next play on Saturday December 9th, against the George Washington Colonials at home at 7 pm.  The Colonials stand at 4 and 4 and may have a rough time against a lanky Orange team that forces over 15 turnover a game, Syracuse should cruise to a 10 and 0 start.

No comments:

Post a Comment